Mom’s Home Again and Positives

by Stephen Vinson on March 20, 2014

in Uncategorized

Mom is back home from the hospital and feeling better. She’s weak but in good spirits. Things are looking better for her.

I binged last night. Let’s focus on the positives:

• I was abstinent from binging for 9 days.
  • I am doing the right thing by going to overeaters anonymous

If you enjoyed this post, enter your email below to get free updates!

Gary Avignon March 31, 2014 at 5:22 pm

As a psychological professional who’s specialized with all issues weight related for over 25 years, please allow me to reinforce your focus on what’s working or what’s in place – in this case your nine day abstinence. No one is overweight or unhealthy b/c they indulge food once out of nine days when their mom is really sick (sorry to hear about that, btw. Been through my own version of that. It’s just not easy anyway you slice it). People ARE overweight and unhealthy because they have learned (from being on diets) to “catastrophize” such behavior. The “law of attraction” dictates we get more of what we focus on. You’ve made HUGE progress – continue to focus on that. I’d like to send you a wonderful client story that illustates this, if you’re interested. Otherwise, hang in – you have your feet under you in how you’re thinking about this.

Karen Bodiford March 29, 2014 at 11:34 pm

The saying today is a brand new day was coined for a reason. You’re story is amazing, hang in there. Hope your mother continues to improve.

Paula March 29, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Good news / bad news, I guess. We’re praying for you and your mom. Keep strong.

nixpix March 28, 2014 at 12:42 am

I was so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is doing better.
My mom was also diagnosed with uterine cancer recently and will be having surgery in a couple of weeks. So I know what your are going thru.
Hang in there. I know you have a lot going on with your mom, work, your eating/exercise plan and a wedding. I will be praying for you.

MorticiA March 22, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I’m glad to hear your Mom is better! Glad to hear you are attending supportive meetings – more important to treat the cause than to try to treat the symptoms on their own. Understanding the problem is the key to tackling it. I’m confident you’ll make it!

Alison C. March 20, 2014 at 11:56 am

Thank you for the update on your mom – I’m glad to hear she is improved and I’m hoping she continues to improve.

CONGRATS on 9 abstinent days! That is fantastic! And remember – just focus on being abstinent TODAY. (No worries/thought/regrets/whatever about last night). :-)

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: