Anytime Fitness Annual Conference in Washington DC

by WhoAteMyBlog - Stephen Vinson on July 20, 2011

in Uncategorized

I have been invited to attend the 2011 Anytime Fitness Annual Conference, Sept. 29th-Oct 1st in Washington DC. I was nominated by Debbie from the Anytime Health office to attend this conference. THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEBBIE! Anytime Health is providing my plane ticket, transportation, hotel, meals, and the conference. THANK YOU, ANYTIME HEALTH!

This is so exciting!! I’ve never flown and I’ve never been to Washington D.C. Also, my Birthday is Sept 28th, so this is an awesome birthday gift. A lovely weekend in DC :-)

I just read that there will be time for exploring the city. What are the must sees in DC? I won’t have tons of time.

As exciting this trip is, I am sad to report that this trip is the same weekend as Ride for Wishes. I am really saddened by this because that ride has been my motivation for a year. I was looking forward to getting a bike, training with the SOL team, and riding at the beach in my SOL team jersey. However, the ride occurs every year, and this Washington trip might just be a one time opportunity, so I must go to DC. Lord knows I want to do both, but that’s impossible. So, I’ll be attending the 2012 Ride for Wishes.

jen July 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Congrats! I agree t he night monuments tour is great! Also check out the American History Museum. I love DC because all the museums are free! If weather is nice check out the NAtional Zoo. I’ve never been but I’ve heard great things!

annie July 20, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I agree with touring the monuments at night comment, that’s what I did and it was pretty cool. I figured why spend the daytime hours touring the monuments, when I could do it at night and have more time during the day to do other things.
I highly recommend the air and space museum at the Smithsonian, I think it is one of the most popular, and the best part is the museums are free.

Jared July 20, 2011 at 4:44 pm

The must see sights are:

Lincoln Memorial
Vietnam Memorial
Smithsonian American History
Smithsonian Natural History

Start with those.

Corey Brown July 20, 2011 at 12:26 pm

That is great I got the same invite and I am going as well. It will be awesome to meet you. I follow your blog and love the journey you are on as well as how honest you are with your struggles. I have you on my blog role on my blog as well.

lee / journey to fitville July 20, 2011 at 11:59 am

Congrats! There’s so much to see in DC. Just tell yourself that you’ll be back and don’t kill yourself trying to see and do everything this first trip. Hotel staff often have good recommendations. Again, congrats on having earned this fantastic opportunity — enjoy!

BTW – One recommendation: a night tour of the monuments. In Sept the weather should be grand.

Janis July 20, 2011 at 11:55 am

Cool — you get to check off something else on your list, I believe. :-)

Jillian July 20, 2011 at 7:57 am

Congratulations on your sponsorship to the conference! If you’re feeling really upset about missing out on Rides for Wishes, maybe it would help you to really dive into fundraising for the cause. I don’t just mean putting a sidebar up on your computer, but rather really putting yourself out there. Go door to door. Explain your story and tell why the cause is so important for you. Just because you can’t be there on the day of the race doesn’t mean that you can’t make a big impact anyway.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: